Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Musical memories

Ahhh... those musical memories.

A song posted on Facebook brought them back...

College years

Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" - played at our dorm or apartment and Ian told me he was so glad I had the Journey CD, apparently because of our musical selection, or maybe he loved Journey...

The musical selection...
had a lot of Madonna in it - which our cross country coach hated - the same guy who posted the Journey song on Facebook. So we would make him listen to it on the way to meets and he would moan...

or there was U2...
when I wanted to go on a 10 mile run but didn't know the way, so coach was supposed to run with me, but he ate too much brunch (or something) and so drove his car behind me, loudly playing a new U2 song, repeatedly. Perhaps he just wanted to listen to U2 rather than run?

or there was Steely Dan...
never heard of them, but half our team went to their concert because Coach loved them, and then it rained and was cold.

But these musical memories are wonderful.

Perhaps they'e some of my best memories from my time at Kenyon.

I never did get to see Coach dance on a table as he was rumored to have done.

And I think the songs were part of my "MK" nickname, as I would get wrapped up in music.

Fun times.

No comments: