Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finding peace in this economy

These are interesting times to say the least, with the economy. Where I work, there have been no layoffs but healthcare probably lags behind, waiting for people to drop insurance. But it is quiet at work--heads down, no talking. In my role, I'm a bit alone (kind of my own team), so the silence makes it worse. It's a real downer.

So I found myself at church, with my daughter, for the Wednesday Lenten service. During that service, I did feel a sense of peace, a sense of being connected, and I wanted to stay there afterward, and feel a sense of quiet calm. Yet everyone was hapy and talking, so we went home.

So with the silence and also stress at work (various projects, pressure from the President level), I wish I could take the time to just sit and perhaps do contemplative prayer, because I know the stress does not help my MS at all. I hope others with MS are able to do the same--not let the stress get to them.

Please God, lead me to peace and calm, and quiet the MS (lots of leg spasms at night lately). Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, regarding your leg spasms, instead of praying that it goes away, find yourself somebody that can give deep tissue leg massage, and then the spasms will go, I promise.

ms'er faith said...

I may try the massage. Acupuncture has been a real help, but when the stress kicks up, the leg spasms return.