Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Those New Years' Resolutions

I suppose I will try this again, although resolutions never seem to work out. But maybe if I write few thoughts, I'll think about them, and they will guide me. So here I go--subject to revision, of course!

1) "Motivation is what gets something started. Habit is what keeps that something going." I know doing my BORING exercises helps me. It was quite evident that when I tried to get away with not doing them, my skiing was a disaster. To the resolution is to re-establish the habit of doing them regularly, and keep going.

2) Listen, listen, listen. I firmly believe that God speaks wonders all the time if I listen. So, listen to my life. Listen when I am pushing too hard. Think about what that means and what I can do about it. Know that God is right there, pointing things out, if I would just listen.

That is enough. If I do a better job at those 2 things, life will be better.

Happy 2009!

And from our pastor, this Franciscan prayer--awesome!

May God bless you with discomfort, at easy answers,
half-truths, and superficial relationships,
so that you may live deep within your heart.

May God bless you with anger, at injustice, oppression,
and exploitation of people, so that you may
work for justice, freedom, and peace.

May God bless you with tears, to shed for those who
suffer from pain, rejection, starvation, and war,
so that you may reach out your hand to comfort
them and turn their pain to joy.

And may God bless you with enough foolishness,
to believe that you can make a difference in this
world, so that you can do what others claim cannot
be done. Amen.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Great prayer. Your blog is encouraging. I have just recently started a blog about MS and my faith. I pray that the Lord will continue to bless you and your family. Thanks for sharing.