Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Standing up, falling down

Awhile ago she "sametimed me" (instant message) at work. It had been awhile, because I usually turn the sametime off - people see me on there and want to talk, and I can't get work done. It had also been awhile because we don't talk that frequently.

Hi and how are things? And I told her about Ampyridine and how awesome it is. I asked about her kids. That seemed about it. We're all busy. Back to work.

When was it that she sent me the message? I don't remember. But it wzs right around the time when I was "standing up" and she was "falling down."

Yesterday - "did you hear about her?" Well, no, I mean, she sent me a message and we talked a bit.

One Thursday - after not a lot of concern grew quickly to great concern -she learned - 4 spots on 1 lung, 3 on the other, and it had gone to her brain. She had never smoked. The following Tuesday - successful brain surgery. Now chemo and radiation.

Today I went to PT. I worked hard on standing. I am standing up.

She is "falling down."

But if anyone can get back up, it's her.

Another lesson to cherish each day, love one another each day, and embrace life.

Peace.

No comments: