Saturday, March 8, 2008

15 plus years of MS, or is it something else?

I had an appt with a neurologist last week where he pulled up the baseline MRI I had taken recently, needed to start Tysabri. I told him I didn't want to know what it said and then he paused and said, "OK, but it's completely normal. There are no lesions there." I was excited! That meant it hadn't gone from my spine up! But then he said that after 15 years there should be _some_ type of lesion in my brain. So now more tests because do I really have MS or something that is closely related, and limited more to the spine? Lovely. Not. This all makes me pause and think, and feel really puzzled.

Hmm...please God, help me to hang on through this most recent "curve ball." I think I should write a book called "Curve Ball." That would be the story of my life!

No comments: