Sunday, January 27, 2008

Born to set thy people free...

I enter this week waiting for news on going on Tysabri. There's an excitement in the air, and also a fear. This Saturday I have my MRI. So I'm thinking it would interesting to start this on Valentine's Day or something. Feb is such a strange month for me--the month I was diagnosed with MS (Feb 11--15 years!), the month my kitty was born and then died, the month my grandma was born, and the month my daughter was born. This year for Feb 11 I'm going skiing and why not follow it up with an infusion? :)

Anyway, the title of this post...I keep thinking God will give me an answer on whether my decision is right or a sense of whether or not I will be ok. Randomly in my head, after Christmas, this Advent hymn popped into my head and I could only recall the first 2 lines. I have not heard the hymn since I was a teenager.

"Come thou long expected Jesus, born to set thy people free."

What's the next line? I kept wondering why this popped into my head. Finally I looked up the next line:

"From thy fears and sins release us, let us find our rest in thee."

Beautiful. I think Jesus will hold my hand through this all, at least I hope so. Otherwise the hymn popping into my head makes no sense.

No comments: