Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Time to pause

"Mommy, will you pick me up after choir?" (so she doesn't have to go to the after-school program)

... pause ...

"Yes."

Slow down life.
Not later.
Now.
Pause.
Remember.

Memories I hold.
I'm not part of something that happened.
But the memories of the past come back anyway.

Memories of the time when a medication mix-up
caused depression
as the most painful part of my life.

One day I came home and didn't want to leave.
But someone had to pick Lori up.
And so, Lori saved my life.

So during this time when memories return,
it is time to pause.
I'm now happy, even with the memories.
But because of those memories...

I will try to "love your neighbor as yourself."
"Love one another."
And I will pick up Lori.

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (Phillipians 4 13)

My hope is that others may understand the needs others and myself have now.
My hope is that we all support each other.
My hope is that we all give each other time to pause.

Peace.

No comments: