Thursday, March 17, 2011

A cup of coffee

I love coffee. I love to buy it on my morning drive to work and am convinced I might not make it to work without that cup.

The other night, I was telling my husband, wouldn't it be awesome to be able to walk unassisted just even a little bit?

Wouldn't it be neat to wake up and be able to cross the room by myself?

And so, he said, what would you do first?

I remember when I would park far away from work - I didn't use my placard until I HAD to use it. I would buy my coffee and carry it into work. One day someone informed me I was spilling it a bit which I knew - I wasn't so steady. So I got special airtight containers for my coffee. I parked closer. Eventually I gave up carrying my coffee into work.

Last Sunday I got to "coffee time" early at church and, clutching, I chose my own donut and made my own coffee. It seems so silly. But to me, this was significant. We have a lot of donuts! Then someone carried the coffee to a table for me.

So, there's progress.

But really, if I ever did get the chance to walk a little way unassisted and steady, what do you think I would do?

It's so obvious.

Yes, I'd get my own cup of coffee.

Peace.

No comments: