Thursday, April 26, 2012

Perspective

"Mommy, do you get embarassed when you use Bart (the walker)?"

For her, the most stares occurred at Disney World when I used a scooter.

Well...

slight pause...

"No. I think I decided a long time ago that I wanted to walk as long as I can. Think of it. I could use my wheelchair all the time. But the less I walk, the harder walking becomes, and that just makes everything more difficult. So awhile ago, I had to decide that although I care what people think, I still need to continue walking."

Flip it.

There's another, imaginary world where 99.5% of people use mobility devices like scooters, walkers, and wheelchairs. Scooters get a person to the top! A person who doesn't use any devices enters the scene.

What happens there? Who is embarassed and why?

And what does God think of all of this?

Peace.

No comments: