Sunday, June 28, 2009

Finish it

Today we had a lesson from 2 Corinthians. Of course, though I shouldn't, I tend to apply these things to my personal life. And since I was reading, I was paying more attention. The lesson to me, in part, was about the fact that although I might not be the best at something--if it is something where I have a passion, then that is most important, and so I should finish it. I related it back to my Masters which, if I do finish, will be in Public Affairs.

People ask me when I will be done, thinking I must almost be there. But I'm only halfway there and it seems like such a slow process. I love almost every class I've taken and have learned so much. I don't know exactly how I will use it when I'm done, but I think teaching in some way could make me happy. That must be because my parents are/were both Professors. Now I'm on a tangent.

This takes forever because it took me forever to define this passion. Then I have a family, a full-time job, and the desire to remain athletic. And then there's having MS--probably the biggest slowdown mechanism. But today was somewhat confirming--yes, finish it. I may not be the best or the fastest at getting it done. But with the passion driving it, I should finish.

Thanks be to God for helping me find the passion, and for in some small way, speaking to me today and telling me to finish it.

No comments: