Tuesday, December 12, 2017

December

I hardly write this blog anymore.  There are multiple reasons.  I wonder if anyone even looks at it anymore. Several people have told me I should compile all the entries and make a book - maybe someday that will happen. I’m writing this entry just for me, but this blog is a good spot to put my thoughts.

December comes each year and used to be a happy time every year - it’s my birthday month - it’s Advent and then Christmas.  And then one year something happened that changed everything and made everything so hard - impossible.  Since then each December comes and each December I am met with a sense of dread, often losing my appetite and when I look at food, getting the feeling that I can’t eat anything.

This December was the same and I couldn’t piece together why because it has been so long that I forgot about dreading December.  Years ago I was on one medication that made me feel so good that I stopped taking another medication and that was a big mistake. Over just the next few days I launched myself into a deep depression.  I cried all the way to work, anytime I could find a bathroom, all the home, when I got home... my daughter was very young.  One day I came home from work, drove into the garage, sighed, and strongly considered ending my life there.  The only reason I didn’t proceed was because then there would be no one to pick up my daughter from daycare.  And so I continued to live.  I felt a presence at church urging me to seek help.  I called my doctor who told me he would get me through this.  I don’t think he understood how serious things were.  Somehow I made it through the next few days after that day in the garage.  But December was ruined.  I felt fragile.  Everything felt “too much.”  Food would be placed in front of me and it was “too much.”  I think someone else did the holiday shopping that year.  Gradually I got better.  But December comes each year and along with it, a feeling of dread.

But there are good parts of December also.  Today I walked 2.5mph on the treadmill at physical therapy for 16 minutes, and I have never walked that fast since my comeback started - and certainly not for 16 minutes.  I keep gaining strength and getting faster.  I can stand for extended periods just holding onto my walker with one hand. Around our house I am using crutches instead of my walker.  And all this is exciting.

Life is such a mix - hold on - it’s quite a ride.  And God is with us, through it all.

Peace.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you.

It was nice finding your blog!



E.

Sure said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Are you depressed, suffering from cancer,seizure,Anxiety,Panic attack,Depression, diabetes, glaucoma, headache, insomnia, joint pains, multiply sclerosis, muscle spasms, nausea, etc and need the best strains of medical marijuana and Cbd Oil to help ease your pain?? why not try out our wide range of products today at:

NO PRESCRIPTION REQUIRED.

Email... tplug05 at gmail dot com .
Phone.....+1(559)420-0769 .

ALso available is pain pills. Oxycodone , percocet, xanax bars, vicodin.

FLOWERS: OG kush,Silver Haze,Mango kush, Hindu Kush,Blue Dream,Strawberry Kush,Girl Scout Cookie,Purple Haze, Bubble Hash,Sour Diesel,Hawaiian Haze White Widow,Amber Glass and more....


Finlay Cedar said...

Been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2015, and I was a woman of 50. They put me on Rebif which I took until 2017 and was switched to Copaxone. I had two relapses on Rebif, none so far on Copaxone. I do notice my balance was getting worse, and my memory, as well as erectile dysfunction and spasms’ had no choice to sick for other solution and I was introduce to totalcureherbsfoundation.com which I purchase the MS herbal formula from the foundation, the herbal supplement has effectively get rid of my multiple sclerosis and reversed all symptoms.