Friday, June 15, 2012

And now I know...

We live on a cul de sac, about halfway around it. Get to the end of the cul de sac, look left, and there's a bridge over a stream.

I love streams like this - the water flowing, just as life flows...

I used to wonder, what is it like for people to walk to the stream, see the water, and feel a breeze...

Today I went on my walk and found myself so close to that bridge and river.  And then I was there.  Blocking back tears which wanted to come, I looked at this stream.  It continues; there are rocks, branches, various things blocking the path of the water.  But the water finds a way, just as in life, we may search and find our way.

My husband returned home allowing me to continue to the top of the hill after the bridge.

A breeze on my face, tears blocked, looking up.

It's the little things that count.

Peace.

No comments: